Sunday, January 3, 2016

HOG HEAVEN "HOG HEAVEN"

Artist: Hog Heaven
Album: Hog Heaven
Label: Roulette
Catalog: SR 42057
Year: 1971
Genre: rock
Grading: VG+ cover / VG+ LP
Quantity: 1
Cover Designer: not listed
Cover art: not listed
Grade: * star

 
Three days into the new year and I have my first candidate for the ugly covers list ...  I know bands frequently don't have a lot of say when it comes to cover art.  I'm guessing that if you were signed to a Morris Levy controlled label like Roulette you had even less say.  On the other hand, since record companies are in the business to make money, you'd think they'd have an interest in picking a cover that would attract buyers rather than repel them.   Not sure what happened here.  I can only speculate that between the initial idea and the end result, something went horribly astray.  

No comments:

Post a Comment