Wednesday, December 16, 2015

TRAFFIC "ON THE ROAD"

Artist: Traffic
Album: On the Road
Label: Island
Catalog: ISLA 2
Year: 1973
Genre: rock
Grading: VG+ cover / VG+ LP
Quantity: 1
Cover Designer:  Ann Borthwick
Artist:  Ann Borthwick
Grade: **** stars

 
I knew who Traffic were when I bought this album, but have to admit it was one of the first albums I ever bought more for the packaging than the music.  Not that "On the Road" was bad - nah, just kind of long, plodding, and mid-'70s self-indulgent ...  On the other hand, Ann Borthwick's cover art was very cool in a detached, almost clinical fashion.  And Borthwick's a complete mystery to me - I've wasted a lot of time trying to locate some information on the artist.  Someone out there must has some insight into the woman ...

No comments:

Post a Comment