Sunday, December 29, 2019

OTIS REDDING - "THE OTIS REDDING DICTIONARY OF SOUL"

Artist: Otis Redding
Title: The Otis Redding DIctionary of Soul
Label: Volt
Catalog: SD 1554
Year: 1966
Genre: soul
Cover Design: Ronnie Stoots
Cover photo:  Ronnie Stoots
Grade: ***** stars


I don't think I have  every heard a bad Otis Redding album and I've owned most of the catalog at one time or another.  The fact  this one has a cool cover is simply icing on  the cake.  It's just one of those covers that brings a smile to my face. Also, if you like music - any kind of music, buy a copy of this class album  !!!

I never noticed Ronnie Stoots was responsible for the album design.  Stoots  may be better know as the lead singer for The  Regents and The Mar-Keys, but he was also a talented designer.  He was responsible for the original Stax logo, as well as designing numerous Stax album covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment