Monday, November 12, 2012

NRBQ - "RC COLA AND A MOON PIE"



Artist: NRBQ

Album: RC Cola and a Moon Pie
Label: Red Rooster
Catalog: 3090-1
Year: 1986
Designer: Scott Billington
Photographer: Mike Saporito
Design artist: not applicable
Grade: **** stars




Mike Saporito's cover photo isn't a partcularly high minded, or complex concept - basically nothing more than a 12 ounce bottle of Royal Crown Cola and Moon Pie, but I have a deep fondness for the cover.  I'm guessing it has something to do with my Southern heritage (born and partially raised in Fairhope, Alabama), or perhaps the fact I'm old enough to have clear memories of indulging in RC and a Moon Pie lunches.  Life seemed to much simpler in those days ...


Singer/keyboardist Terry Adams was apparently the band's RC fan (I'm guessing Moon Pies were also part of this upbringing).




No comments:

Post a Comment