Sunday, December 1, 2019

JADE WARRIOR - "JADE WARRIOR"

Artist: Jade Warrior
Title: Jade Warrior
Label: Vertigo
Catalog: VEL 1007
Year: 1971
Genre: easy progressive
Art Direction: not listed
Cover art:  not listed
Grade: **** stars


Jade Warrior is one of those bands that simply isn't going to appeal to a large audience.  Their unique niche melding rock, folk, progressive Asian, and kitchen sink influences is just too eclectic for most ears.  And I'm certainly not a hard core fan, though I'll admit there's a place for them on my Sunday morning playlist.  Matter of fact, I'm listening to this album on an early Sunday morning (through headphones so I don't wake up the rest of the family). In contrast to the grooves, the uncredited cover art is mesmerizing.  I'd love to know what  the Japanese characters on the sail mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment