Tuesday, November 19, 2019

JERRY LEE LEWIS - "JUST SINGS"

Artist: Jerry Lewis
Title: Just Sings
Label: MCA
Catalog: 510.042
Year: 1971
Genre: rock
Design: Jean Mulatier
Cover art: Jean Mulatier
Grade: *** star


Well known French illustrator Jean Mulatier was responsible for the bizarre cover art.  I can't even begin to guess why MCA's French marketing arm would have elected such a strange cover - course I'm not sure why they felt the need to release this album.

From what little I've read about Jerry Lewis, while the man was known as a comic, he was pretty uptight and had a rather volatile personality.  I'm guessing he didn't have much of a sense of humor when it came to his own personality.  He also seems pretty protective of his image.

Of course he was considered some sort of comic God in France, but I  still have to wonder what he thought of this 1971 French release?  

No comments:

Post a Comment